Wednesday 8 February 2012

Steven Ma to leave TVB next month and becomes a best-seller

Credit : Source: Oriental Daily 
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/


Steven Ma to leave TVB next month and becomes a best-seller 

Steven Ma's contract issues with TVB had been dragging on and on, but now its finally settled. Yesterday Steven accepted an exclusive interview while working in Hengdian, where he admitted that he'll be a freelancer starting next month. He expressed he is very grateful of his 'maternal home' (TVB) for looking after him over the years. He said: "Last month, I already finished discussing with TVB. The contract runs until the end of this month. All is going smoothly, I am very grateful. Right now, there is one less worry and I can start considering my future outlook." 

Over the years, Steven had filmed many high rated series. It was rumored that TVB is minding their own business, especially sending out their executive and Steven's mentor Catherine Tsang to bring out the 'friendship card' and try to persuade Steven to sign a special contract that's in disguised form to continue the relationship. Also, it was rumored CityTelecom's chairman Ricky Wong offered him a sky-high price to entice him over to participate in a 50 episode long series. Former TVB producer Miu Siu Ching, who has switched over to NOW, is trying to recruit Steven along with many other Mainland production companies as well. 

Steven said: "I did talk to Ricky Wong before. As Catherine Tsang is my mentor, her words are in my heart. Other companies have approached me before too, I am still hesitant. At this moment, I still do not have a decision yet." He admits aside from shooting series, there were also management contracts. He said: "The script is the most important, money is secondary. As for the management contract, I have to carefully consider. In short, I am very grateful of all the people who have approached me, thanks for the appreciation."


No comments:

Post a Comment