Sunday 26 February 2012

Elaine Yiu enters 10th year in industry, acting gradually matures

Credit : Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/



Elaine Yiu enters 10th year in industry, acting gradually matures

In a blink of an eye, TVB 'little FaDan' Elaine Yiu is entering her 10th year in the industry. What hasn't changed is her baby face, but what has changed is her acting has matured. We see that there are more and more new talents bouncing out behind her, but Elaine remains calm: "Love and career are the same, can be found but not sought!"

Elaine entered the industry 10 years ago, by her young and pure look, she was casted in several young idol series or roles as the younger sisters. In 2006, she was offered the lead actress role in Safe Guards co-starring Steven Ma. It was then when people started noticing her. Last year she participated in the average-rated series Bottled Passion, and got favorable criticism: "There were many people around me that told me I did very well. The series had a lot of sentimental scenes that had to be expressed from within the heart. The script was written very well, so I was able to easily get into character." In the series, she sacrificed everything because she loved Raymond Wong's role. As a Scorpio, Elaine is the same in real life, she is willing to sacrifice everything for love: "Sometimes acting is similar to life. Life is an experience. I've been emotionally hurt before too, so when there are areas of similarities in the role, it would be easier for me to act it out. Some of the dialogue, I was able to easily grasp the feeling." Elaine disclosed over a year ago, she went through a very profound relationship, but there was nothing that could be done to move forward, so it ended in a break up. Later, she couldn't focus on work, but after getting through that stage, she felt she was really stupid. Looking back, she feels the most important is her own feelings.

"Jump Off A Building" A Breakthrough

Elaine is naturally born with baby face, until today she still plays a lot of pitiful young girl roles, but didn't know she could be so bad! This year in the new series Policewoman's Love Battlefield, she plays a foolish woman: "Perhaps I look pitiful. Before, I always get those roles that gets bullied, but this time it's a breakthrough. They told me I had to be a crazy woman, it's quite challenging actually because there is no definition of crazy, it is boundless!" Elaine's role is a tragic character, she will be putting things on fire, playing with rats, jumping from buildings, burning cars... her personality is extreme. The disorder brings out the problems in society, she smiled and said her costume really stands out and it cannot be tied to the word "beauty" at all. However, the most challenging is that she had to play with rats: "I'm really afraid of rats! When I was shooting the scene, I had to hold the rat too! I was still really frightened after shooting that scene."

Take it seriously, no more 'playing'

In a blink of an eye, Elaine had filmed 20+ series over the 10 years she's been in the industry. She slowly turned her interest in acting into a career. From the beginning when she thought of acting was just for fun, but now she will put efforts into studying her roles and learn by interactions. She will no longer use the attitude of "play" to go handle acting. Instead, she replaces the playful attitude with a professional one. She takes it in the form of a serious pondering style: "In the past, I never thought that much when I'm acting. I just thought it was really fun, but now I have another type of experience, I want to really put my heart into shooting each and every series, shoot a good series and really do well on the role. It's a great sense of achievement, makes me very happy and I can get more into my work!" Earlier she collaborated with TV King Wayne Lai in new series The King Makers, she was very grateful of his advice: "He taught me what acting is, and even talked a little bit about his life experiences. Acting is not about following some method because then it won't have substance. I had a lot of scenes opposite of Wayne, he helped me analyze, like for example there was one scene where I had to be able express the emotions with rhythm, can really push up the feelings!"

The wave behind pushes the wave ahead. The rising 'little FaDan', Mandy Wong is a good example as she recently gained popularity after her role as Kwan Yee So in L'Escargot. Elaine believed that everything is about the right timing: "For example, the broadcast periods of the two series and L'Escargot initially was a more superior series. Some things, you have to slowly save up. I really want to be like Mandy Wong too, having a role that helps me gain popularity, but if it's not yours, then there is no way you can force it!" At the moment, Elaine's favorite performance is the one in Bottled Passion. The happiest is that her family supports her by tuning in every night, and that is a great source of encouragement for her.

Epilogue: Want to borrow sperm to have children

Elaine has been others' bridesmaid so much that she's getting numb. She hopes to be married by age 35, and more importantly is to hurry and have children: "If when the time comes, I don't have a partner, perhaps I could just go find a handsome guy and borrow his sperm to have a child. Well I have to see if I have that capability at that time, and if there is time for me to look after the child. Can really give it a try!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment