Saturday 18 February 2012

Catherine Chau switches to City Telecom: 'The Hippocratic Crush' is her last TVB series

Credit : Source: Apple Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/


Catherine Chau switches to City Telecom: 'The Hippocratic Crush' is her last TVB series

TVB actress Catherine Chau has been in the industry for 13 years. Viewers started noticing her after her role as 'Mau Siu Kam' in Dance of Passion. Last year her contract with TVB ended and she decided to switch over to Ricky Wong's new television station, City Telecom. Although there are plans for her tos tart a new series in April, her final TVB series The Hippocratic Crush is currently airing. Looking back, Catherine frankly said: "The moment I decided to leave, I really had to have a lot of courage, but the opportunities does not always come. I don't want to miss out the years while I can still work. This is also a good time for me to go out and learn more things."

Last year Catherine did her final production for TVB The Hippocratic Crush. Although it has been widely rumored that those who decided to go over to City Telecom were to be banished into the 'Cold Palace' by TVB. However, Catherine laughed: "I am not worried to get 'shut out', the series will still need to air. This time, I don't have much screen time, just a nurse that has a crush on Kenneth Ma. Now that I'm watching again, I feel emotional, but I do feel it's a perfect ending because the first series I did after graduating from the TVB training class was a series produced by Poon Ka Tak (1999's Detective Investigation Files IV). That time, my role was called 'Kei Kei'. Coincidentally, my final series with TVB is also a Poon Ka Tak series and I'm also named 'Kei Kei'. It's really freaky."

Catherine revealed she'll be officially starting a new series at her new company, City Telecom, in April. When asked of the details? She said: "Right now, I only know that there are two series that are under discussion, but it's just preliminarily. I personally want to act again, feels like I haven't for a while, very boring." She continued: "I hope I will get to try new things in the near future, have different changes. Of course, its best to shoot series where I have more screen time. Although my company has everything, I'm personally really afraid of being a host because I'm not a good speaker. I think too slowly, so I'm afraid I don't have the capability."

When speaking of her decision to end her 13 year relationship with TVB, she said: "That moment when I decided, I really was brave and really felt unwilling to let go. When I go back to TVB, it feels like I'm home. I'm very familiar with the artists and behind-the-scenes crew. Although I'm not a contract artist anymore, I really do want to thank the producers. They have really been willing to use me in their series. It's just that, its not often that there is someone asking me to leave, so now there there is someone giving me this opportunity, there may not be another one in the future. If I keep working at TVB, I may have more screen time now, but there is no guaranteed it will be the same in the future. After all, I am not a contracted artist, so I decided that I should go out and see the world."

Charmaine Sheh help 'poach' her over?

That day after the wide circulation that Charmaine Sheh was leaving TVB, and was rumored to have helped Ricky Wong poach artists over, Catherine was asked if she was influenced by her good friend? She laughed: "It's not related. We aren't in the same company. I just asked her for advice, she told me to think about it myself. If I want to leave, then leave, but if I have worries, then don't leave because TVB is a safeguard. Honestly, Charmaine and I cannot be compared, she is a lead actress, we are on different levels. I just feel that there won't always be opportunities. Although this opportunity may not be a definite success, but since there is an opportunity given to me, shouldn't I give it a try and learn more? I want to try to rely on myself and go out to face situations myself, to learn more things. I feel I am not on par yet, there are many things I'm not ready for, there are still room for improvement in my acting, so I have to know more and be able to teach my people and enlighten them. Right now, my mentality is I want to try anything, life is an experience, acting should be natural, easily touch the feelings."

Aside from moving to a new company, Catherine was asked if this is a good opportunity to also develop outside (Mainland)? She frankly said: "I really don't know. I have to see it first before I know. I actually believe its different on each stage, if you don't put in the effort, then you definitely can't do it. Even if it works out, it won't last long. I personally have a limitation as well, I don't want to miss out on the years when I can still work. To me, this is the best time for me to go out and learn new things. I do not dare to go worry about the new start nor can I become worry. As an artist in this field, you have to be prepared, so I will try my best to do my part. I hope for the best, and I will try to make myself learn more new things."

Catherine Chau's TVB notable roles

- 2004: War and Beauty ("Bak Lan")
- 2006: Dance of Passion ("Mau Siu Kam")
- 2007: The Family Link ("Lou Fo Tong")
- 2011: My Sister of Eternal Flower ("Ha Gau Gau")
- 2011: When Heaven Burns ("Mabel")
 

No comments:

Post a Comment