Thursday 14 June 2012

Ruco Chan now certain of his self-worth in this industry

Credit : Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Ruco Chan now certain of his self-worth in this industry

Since Ruco Chan’s return to TVB, he has appeared in several series and rapidly makes it to the first line as a Siu Sung. In the latest series No Good Either Way, he plays the lead actor, a laid back young man paired with Kristal Tin. This is considered his first official lead role in a light-hearted comedy series, he frankly expressed he had a pleasant collaboration with Kristal and Louis Yuen. He said: "I don't usually talk to my costars because when I first came back [to TVB], I really isolated myself and didn’t have any self-confidence. I felt there were a lot of things I didn’t know and still had to learn. This time they helped open me up and the atmosphere felt really good, very interactive and allowed me to release myself.”(TN: The premiere of No Good Either Way averaged at 30pts, and peaked at 32pts)

When speaking of the recent praises he got from others, such as director Patrick Kong, who especially named him as the most stand out TVB Siu Sang and praised his good acting skills. Ruco said: “Actually I have never collaborated with Patrick Kong before, I really thank him for the compliments though!”

Praised by producers and directors, Ruco expressed this is his happiest time since graduating from the TVB Artiste Training Class. He expressed TVB does indeed have a lot of suitable jobs for him: “There are a lot of people here that watched me grow, are very loyal and believe that I’m valuable. This makes me feel like all the work and effort in the last 10 years paid off. Last year’s work, I faced them very critically. When shooting The Other Truth and Ruse to Engagement, I was really stressed, it felt like smashing the piggy bank and taking out the money. (Used it all?) No, after working for over 10 years, I have gained more experience.”

Ruco is often paired up with actresses older than him, earlier it was Maggie Cheung and now it’s Kristal Tin. Ruco said the most important is to be able to get into character. When asked in real life, does he mind if his other half is older than him? He said: “I don’t know! I never been in that situation, but I put more emphasis on ideals/thoughts, we must be able to communicate. Especially in this industry, if my other half is immature, then it’s gonna be really hard for her to understand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment