Saturday 22 February 2014

Charmaine Li Considers Ending 9 Year Relationship with TVB, Looking for a Breakthrough

news from ; Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net


Charmaine Li Considers Ending 9 Year Relationship with TVB, Looking for a Breakthrough 

In just a blink of an eye, Charmaine Li has already been working at TVB for 9 years. Since her debut series Sunshine Heartbeat, she has been in many series over the years, but Charmaine frankly expressed her contract with TVB is ending in May and has not discuss a renewal yet. She said there are many other options outside of TVB available to her. When asked of the chances of her renewing the contract? She said without hesitation that other TV stations have met with her as well, but nothing is confirmed yet. She expressed the most important to her is not money, but the opportunities. "This year I will be trying many new things, and now I'm thinking whether I should renew the TVB contract or develop outside. Later, I will be hosting a new radio show that is a lot like All Things Girl. Also, I am taking singing lessons in hope to plan for my future." It turns out, Charmaine has her own online business where she sells diamonds. 

In the past, Charmaine focused on her acting in TV series, but after being with TVB for so many years, she usually shoots ancient or pre-modern series. She expressed she doesn't want to be branded to one type of role. She hopes to try out different types of roles, such as a doctor, lawyer or other professionals. She said: "I've been acting so long and now have higher expectation on myself. I hope for new challenges on a higher level and more opportunities. Money is not my most important thing, it is the screen time and opportunity that is more important." 

Charmaine is currently taking singing lessons, asked if she has high ambitions in this area? She said: "To me, singing is very deep. My husband (Ricky Fan)had Dai Sze Chung as his singing teacher many years ago and had good success. I hope I'll have achievements as soon as possible too, but can't rush it. Have to take it slowly and practice more."

No comments:

Post a Comment