Saturday 14 July 2012

Myolie Wu's interview with Mandy Wong: "She likes Gaming World, Not Dating",

Credit : Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/






Myolie Wu's interview with Mandy Wong: "She likes Gaming World, Not Dating"

A woman's lifetime job is to find a long-term food ticket! Currently in a very stable relationship with boyfriend Bosco Wong, Myolie Wu hopes her good sister Mandy Wong can find her happiness too, and does not mind being her match-maker. Myolie exposes Mandy is popular among the opposite sex and that she only likes the gaming world, relationships are secondary to her. Mandy refuted saying she's very faithful.

Meets senior Myolie and gets nervous

Myolie: You were my younger sister in 2009's A Chip off the Old Block, my impression on you was you're well-behaved, pretty and pure. Many newcomers have trouble with their lines, expressions, get really nervous and don't put in the effort. You didn't have any of these issues and was able to do what was expected of the role. You were a foolish girl that brought in the comedy.

Mandy: I was so nervous. It was considered my first series where I had more screen time.

Myolie: Which one was your first series?

Mandy: When Easterly Showers Fall On The Sunny West, A Chip off the Old Block was my third series.

Myolie: But after I got to know you, I think your too noisy!

Mandy: When I first met you, I didn't dare to make a sound. You were my big senior, when you were sitting on the seat, I was so nervous.

Myolie: But I'm so nice.

Chip Attack

Mandy: Well that's true, you always buy chips for us to eat.

Myolie: Because I want you all to get fat. Honestly, I think many newcomers don't have the natural talent and don't know how to act. When I first debuted, I was very nervous too and always kept my head down. One time, I even got yelled at by the director, but you had no problem. Later, I learned you had a background in performing arts, which is a plus.

Mandy: Well the co-stars are important too. A Chip off the Old Block, was considered my first series that I could relax and enjoy my role.

Get together for a Women's Day

Myolie: Do you remember how it was like when you first saw me?

Mandy: I thought this girl had heavy makeup on! I watched your series since I was young, my favorite one was Triumph in the Skies. People always say you're cool, but actually you're not. Actually you infected me with your enthusiasm, very comfortable and really have the sisterly feel.

Myolie: Because your so silly! We quickly got familiar and got along well. I have a lot of close friends in this industry, besides you there is also Nancy Wu and Sharon Chan, we occasionally keep in touch.

Mandy: After you became TV Queen, you kept digging for gold in Mainland, it's hard to keep in touch with you. The only way is through Weibo.

Seize Opportunity to Get Advice

Myolie: Then later me, you, Paisley Wu, Nancy Wu and Elaine Yiu made a Women's Day. Initially we said to have dinner once a month, but I was rather busier, and rising talents like yourself are catching up so rapidly, so all this time, we only had dinner once.

Mandy: Haha! Although you're never in Hong Kong, I still ask you for advice very often.

Myolie: I'm happy you trust me. I remember when you were shooting The Hippocratic Crush, you had some questions and came to ask me, it was pretty warm. I watched your L'Escargot too, I saw you dropping everything and just went to portray that role, and even said your lines so fast!

Mandy: You say your lines very quickly and clearly too, so I learn from you. When I was a newcomer and had questions, I asked you and you would be able to give me an answer. Even such nonsense, like what outfit to wear, I would ask you for advice. Later, I got really stressed from filming and felt unhappy, the first person I thought of was you, so I invited you out for advice.

Myolie: Last year you were a popular pick for the 'Most Improved Award', actually I really supported you and favored you for the award as well.

Desperate to Meet a 'Seun Poon' (Good Deal)

Mandy: When shooting Ghetto Justice, it was always just us two, I talked to you about guys and always asked you to introduce guys to me. You said if I found a marriage partner, remember to let you see him first.

Myolie: Yes! Earlier when you and Him Law were rumored, I gossiped about it too, seems like there was really something between you two, but you said no, so I believed you. I think you are pretty popular among the guys, there was a PA at TVB who liked you!

Mandy: Sorry, I'm a goddess to many PAs, but you need to hurry up and introduce me to someone!

Myolie: You Sagittarius people, love the gaming world, and don't really like to date.

Mandy: I do like to play, but I like mature men. Didn't you say you know a lot of lawyers and doctors?

Myolie: Even if I do, I'll save them for myself la!

Mandy: You're still choosing?

Myolie: But you really hurt the guys, just play a little with them and then toss them.

Mandy: I'm very faithful!

Myolie: Fine! I'll leave the good ones for you. In fact, you and I are quite similar, we are the workaholics and not considered the really beautiful girls. You have high flexibility [in acting], seeing you is like seeing myself. You've been a housewife, a well-behaved girl, a foolish girl, a mean girl. I hope to try out other different roles because one image is just really boring. Shooting 3-4 similar series a year would just be a killer. I support you for this year's 'Most Improved Artist' award, L'Escargot's Kwan Yee So was so amazing, being so open in your acting is already half way to success.

Mandy: How can I improve?

Getting up top is easy, keeping is difficult

Myolie: Some seniors have told me getting up top is easy, but keeping the position is difficult. I've been through a lot before I got to where I am today, and just starting to get more opportunities now. Midway through [the career], there is a bottleneck, after portraying so many types of roles, it starts getting repetitive and viewers start getting picky, so you should be mentally prepared for that.

Mandy: My previous two series, my roles have been disliked. At one point, I experienced personal attack and a lot of negative energy.

Myolie: I'm super negative too. We all have different cases. For you, it is because of the role, people hate you, means you have done well, but must listen to the opinions and reflect on them as well. Then when you can do it, people who said you were bad, will praise you and then no one can defeat you.

Mandy: That's pretty difficult! I think you have really high EQ, but acting cannot be forced.

Myolie: It took me several years to get it straight too. Also Damien Lau and Sunny Chan are two seniors that taught me a lot, so when you encounter a senior, don't be afraid to ask. Golden Faith, I had too many people praise me and I became complacent. I thought, it's not that hard, but no one told me, that the future would get even more difficult.

Mandy: It's such a benefit chatting with you!

Epilogue: Jarring Women

Mandy and Myolie seem gentle on the outside, but it turns out when the two come together, they can really get loud and unpleasant. During the interview, the two often laughed loudly without any restraint. When they spoke, they often added "s" after their English words, such as "oks", "hellos", or "byes". Sounds pretty strange actually, but they were speaking very smoothly. Mandy exposed this strange speaking style started from her, over time it infected her friends, including Myolie. When speaking of her 'crafty idea', Mandy foolishly said: "I think it's cute!" 

Myolie and Kenneth's CPR scene

[Mingpao] Also, last night Myolie Wu and Kenneth Ma were shooting a CPR scene for new series Seasons of Love. Earlier at the costume fitting, Kenneth expressed he asked the producer to add a kiss scene, but Myolie fans were upset and didn't want him to kiss their idol. Kenneth finally got his wish after 6 years and successfully "pursued" Myolie. Yesterday her assistant posted a photo of the CPR scene on Weibo and teased Kenneth's dream kiss has finally come true!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment