Sunday 8 July 2012

Kathy Chow owes Michael Tao a kiss scene: There will be an opportunity one day

Credit : Source: Oriental Daily 
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums 





Kathy Chow owes Michael Tao a kiss scene: There will be an opportunity one day

Michael Tao and Kathy Chow's fate started in 1999 and have been in three series together. They have been a couple, mother and son and boss and employee. 

M - Michael Tao
K - Kathy Chow 

K: Michael, after we collaborated in three series To Where He BelongsFlaming Brothers, and Showbiz Tycoon, we never collaborated again thereafter. Then I went to Beijing and in 2008 I attended your birthday party in Shanghai. I did see you again at events a few times, but this time actually sitting down and chatting again, the feeling you give me has not changed at all! 

M: That time I was shooting in Shanghai and coincidentally you were nearby, really thank you for coming. But what we lack is a bit of fate, our relationship is like too complicated and confusing, so much that I turned 'crazy'.

K: Huh....not that serious right? 

M: Back then, midway into the filming of Flaming Brothers, you were sick and had to take off, and left your substitute to film with me. The story was about me madly pursuing you, and I had to say a lot of mushy lines. Your substitute did not know what was going on at all and was an inexperienced actress. So, for the dating scenes I was just acting to myself, the funniest was when I said I love you to your substitute she replied with 12345, haha! The most miserable was I originally had a kiss scene with you, but I had to kiss a substitute that wasn't Kathy Chow, I had to imagine she was Kathy Chow. You tell me, how can I not go crazy?

K: Back then I was feeling unwell, but I didn't have SLE (lupus) just I'm natural born with low platelets. So, I easily get bruises. Recently I bumped my head and it took a long time before the bruise went away, luckily I didn't have to work. Now that you mention it, are you saying I owe you a kiss scene, haha! 

M: Well I didn't say that. We were all very worried about you when you were sick. Then in To Where He Belongs, I thought we could continue our fate, but unexpectedly you play my mother this time! I still remember I saw you in the makeup room, making yourself look old, I asked you, "What you doing here?" It was so frightening, I couldn't accept you looking like that. 

K: Hahaha, I think Wong Jing (the producer) was playing you! 

Very Courageous Taking On Mother Role

M: Then in Showbiz Tycoon, I played the owner of a film production company, and should have been able to have close interactions with the female artists, but turns out because of my role, a highly reputable boss, I only had a supportive attitude. I was like your father, no kiss scenes there!

K: My role really admired you, but you didn't like me. No wonder you turned 'crazy! But I believe we'll get to collaborate again. Today is July 1st, I just signed with a new company 'Stellar International', and will have a lot of development soon. By then, we can officially be 'together' (collaborate) and I can give you the kiss scene. 

M: But in To Where He Belongs, an average actress won't want to risk taking on a mother role, but you were so brave to do it. I still remember you purposely accepted the role because you wanted a challenge. 

K: Because the script was written well. There were a lot of flashbacks about Damien Lau and I dating. The plot was about me losing my memory and turned into a child. It was a good script and I really wanted to portray her, so I didn't mind being a mother. At the time I took my mother's photo and kept thinking how can I look older. 

Dated 10 Years, Like a Married Couple

M: Do you really not have to worry about getting old? I see you have kept it well and heard your in a relationship too. 

K: Actually I have been dating for 10 years already, my boyfriend is 10 years younger than me. He is an architect, a friend introduced me to him. At first my boyfriend really didn't like me in this industry. Honestly, the first three years, I turned down many jobs just because of this relationship. Making money is indeed important, but my life cannot always be focused on making money nonstop, I don't want to give myself too much pressure. In terms of marriage, my boyfriend already proposed to me a few years after we started dating, but I'm really not rushed and don't wanna give up my acting career. Our relationship is very stabled now. We are no different than a married couple, just missing the marriage certificate, later if we want to marry, then we'll marry, doesn't really matter. But the marriage will be really low-key, don't need to make it big or anything because I have filmed too many marriage scenes, and worn wedding dresses of all kinds, from ancient to pre-modern to modern. 

No Makeup on the Streets, No Problem

M: Beijing is already your new home, why did you come back to Hong Kong this time? 

K: I was shooting Legendary Amazon's, and it was very difficult filming in the cold and hanging 360 degrees on wire. I haven't taken a break from work in two years. Now that I have a break, I thought I'll come back and visit my family. Life in Beijing and Hong Kong is different. I walk around in HK, reporters take pictures of me eating ice cream and taking the MTR, it's okay, go ahead and take the pictures then! I don't usually like wearing makeup when I'm out shopping and I don't think that's a problem, as long as I'm clean and tidy and it doesn't affect my looks. I even eat fish balls on the streets! 

M: I really admire your personality, no wonder you still look so young! 

K: Actually I have a cool look. People that know me die laughing, but people that don't know me are scared to death. One time the hairstylist was doing my hair, she was really scared too, kept dropping the brush and the hair clips. When I was shooting outdoor scenes, the makeup artist told me to come back to fix my makeup, but I said it's fine, I look pretty enough! 

M: I believe every artist have their own qualities. Your quality comes from your confidence! 


No comments:

Post a Comment