Thursday 20 September 2012

Tavia Yeung & Him Law's press conference clarifies the 'car sex' incident & relationship

Credit : Source: TVB E-News, TVB Scoop, HKChannel, Sina News, On.cc (images)
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/ 











Tavia Yeung & Him Law's press conference clarifies the 'car sex' incident & relationship 

Today, Tavia Yeung and Him Law held a press conference, accompanied by Virgina Lok, to explain the incident from a few nights ago. Reporters spotted Tavia hiding herself with her face in between Him's legs, while he was driving her home. It was suspected they had 'car sex' as well since Tavia appeared to have some drool on the corner of her lip after she got up from laying on Him's legs/thighs. 

Tavia: "That day, we had the 13th TVB Artistes Training Class reunion. Basically this is held each year, we all have dinner and drink. I rarely go out to gatherings or go out to social. My alcohol tolerance isn't high either, that night I had such a good time, I drank a lot. Prior to going to the reunion, I already told Him Law, 'Why don't you come pick me up, I definitely won't be able to drive after drinking and hope to have someone I trust take me home.' My classmates and I all drank a lot, we were pretty drunk. When we were leaving, he [Him] already told me there is paparazzi outside. I personally don't like too much attention, I don't want people to follow me when I go out. There was Meini Cheung and two other classmates that went in the taxi with me. We went to Meini's house and then I got in his car later. I already started vomiting in the car, and don't remember what happened. When I got off the taxi, I started vomiting all over the floor, until Him came to pick me up, I already don't remember what happened. As an artist, actually nobody wants to let others see them drunk. To a person I trust, that moment when I slept on his thigh, there definitely are no doubts and is not what the media tried to twist. What I must mention is, why did you all see those pictures, because when we got to the entrance gate of my house, he warned me, 'Hey, Ah Yi, hurry wake up, there's dogs [paparazzi].' An artist facing such a sensitive moment, the first reaction I had was to cover my face with my hat. But when I got up, I felt like throwing up, so I took the bowl of noodles next to him (perhaps he was waiting for me too long and didn't have anything to eat), once I got the bowl, I started throwing up. After throwing up, I had some wet spots on the corner of my lips and this is how the news report came up. Actually I want to clarify, absolutely nothing like what the report said happened in the car (referring to the 'car sex'). Of course, there were some things in between that I don't remember, so he will have to tell you all."

Reporter: So are you and Him publicly announcing the relationship now? 

Tavia: We are currently in the direction of getting to know each other and letting nature take its course. 

Reporter: Then do you think there is a chance? 

Him: I think relationships, leave it to fate. In the future, Tavia and I will positively develop the relationship, but currently we are indeed in the process of getting to know each other. (Tavia: Yes) 

Reporter: Are you two still cohabiting?

Tavia: Cohabiting? The truth is I'm cohabiting with my mother, it had been like that all along. I think the word cohabiting could mean, if spotted going in/out together, then it could be called cohabiting; if spotted in the car together, then it could be called cohabiting too. I think the first priority is work. Just like what we just said, we are still in the stage of getting to know each other, and in the future if we develop further, then we'll let you all know.

Reporter: But when you got in the car, you didn't even put on your seat belt? 

Him: Actually I was wrong here too. I shouldn't have let her lay on me for so long...I should perhaps...but.. (*both starts laughing) (Tavia: Not laying on you, no.) Well you all know what I mean... 

Tavia: Because when I got in the car, when a person is drunk and kinda just collapsed, what can't happen? But in an environment of trust, there are no doubts. 

Reporter: Well in the report, it said there was some 'foreign matter' seen? 

Tavia: Then did you see it? 

Reporter: I didn't. 

Tavia: Let's take it out and see it then. 

Reporter: Any embarrassment? 

Tavia: No, I didn't do it, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Actually, I already discussed with my lawyer today and I reserve the right to take legal action because I think this damages my reputation. To some extent the published words is defamation. I will have my lawyer follow-up with this incident. 

----------------

[*** Eileen Cha did a separate interview with Him and Tavia on Scoop. There may be some overlap with the press conference. ***] 

Eileen: Him, if she wasn't Tavia and perhaps Meini, would you have let her sleep on your thigh too? 

Him: As I have a very good relationship with Tavia, of course I will take care of her. If it was Meini, I would perhaps have some other friends take her home. 

Eileen: Then what happened? Tavia woke up, and reporters took pictures? 

Him: Actually I was already waiting for her at Meini's house. I saw her throwing up, so of course I went to look after her. I helped her into the car. Well actually I set 2-3 hours aside ahead of time (Eileen: very attentive), because I knew she would drink a lot and have a good time. 

Eileen: How come you didn't tell her not to drink then? 

Him: If she would listen. 

Tavia: No, I would only drink with friends I trust. Even if I'm laying on his thigh, I know he's someone I trust. If I'm sitting in a taxi, would I lay on the driver's thigh? Then the news wouldn't be like this. 

Eileen: Did you continue to take care of her when she got home? 

Him: Well Tavia's mom was there. I saw that she was safe, then I just took the taxi home. 

Eileen: 40 minutes in the car, what were you two doing, why did it take so long? 

Him: I don't know how long it takes, but it takes time to drive back to Tavia's house. I was driving slowly because she's drunk, I was afraid she would throw up and not feel well. I don't mind if she throws up on me, I can wash it off, I'm more concerned of her feeling. 

Eileen: Tavia, do you really trust Him, and always ask him to drive you? 

Tavia: I usually drive myself around. Of course, I trust him. When your drunk, you want to get in a car that you trust. 

Eileen: Tavia has been very nervous, and we tell her, if she didn't do anything, there is nothing to be nervous about. So, why are you still facing this so seriously? 

Tavia: Eileen, I'm sure you know me well. I watch myself very closely, especially my career. After this incident, I don't think I can just relax and say I didn't do it and that's it. I want to formally clarify that we did not do anything like what the report said. It provides an explanation for myself and my family, that nothing like that happened. I've been worried, even though I knew such news would come out because it will definitely damage my image and affect us both. I'm also worried, my family would be affected emotionally. For other things that I didn't do, I'm not worried that people will criticize. 

Eileen: But you rarely have these types of news. 

Tavia: Zero. So, that's why I think I absolutely have to clarify this incident. For myself, for Him, for my family, for everyone who cares about me, I think I have to clarify my personal integrity because as a public figure, everyone is watching you and what you do. If our behavior is like this, I think I would be ashamed to be acting or to send any positive messages to the public. I have a lot of younger fans, so I feel I must clarify this incident. 

Eileen: What is your relationship now? 

Tavia: We are currently getting to know each other. He is a person who takes good care of me. There are a lot of things we can't predict. What I think is most important now is to clarify the incident. As to our future development, it depends on what path we take. I hope everyone just don't judge our character just based on this incident and we did something bad. 

Eileen: What about you Him? Tavia just described you, how about you? 

Him: Of course, Tavia is a good girl. Just like she said, sometimes she can get really playful, but that's fine. I can look after her and protect her. For the future, we will develop the relationship in a positive way. 

----------

Also, after the report came out Tavia posted on Weibo, she said: "As public figures, we always reflect on our personal integrity and actions, but as the media, do you all have personal integrity? An article written with a pen can be so remarkable, is it because the Hong Kong media has already reached the end? For what reason do you all not report the truth, but instead twist the truth? .....where is your conscience....." 

After the press conference, Him said on Weibo: "Just completed the press conference, set the record straight! I hope friends that support me will understand the truth through my interview with Eileen Cha on Scoop. I know sometimes what we see from our eyes is not the truth. I definitely do what was said in the report." 


No comments:

Post a Comment