Tuesday 8 May 2012

Leila Tong gave her most daring first time to the late Wong Ka Kui

Credit : Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/ 





Leila Tong gave her most daring first time to the late Wong Ka Kui 

Leila Tong started out as a child actor and has worked with several superstars when she was young, including Leslie Cheung and Stephen Chow. However, the most memorable collaboration for her was with former Beyond member Wong Ka Kui, who played her elder brother in a film. She frankly expressed back then she cried nonstop when she learned of Wong Ka Kui's passing. 

(Leila speaks...) 

"When I was a child actor, I was fortunate to have collaborated with several superstars. The first was Leslie Cheung (Gor Gor), I was so nervous! Back then I was about 8 years old, it was in my first film Flaming Brothers, but I didn't see Gor Gor on the set, instead I bumped into him in the dubbing room. At the time, I just remember I was so nervous, my heart was pounding because it was my first time bumping into such a handsome Gor Gor. At the time my mother reminded me to take a photo with him, but because I was shy, I struggled for a long time before having the courage to walk up to him. Gor Gor very friendly and put his arm around me for the photo. 

Hoping for a miracle everyday 

But, there was one superstar in my heart, although he has passed away, I still cannot forget him even today, that person is Wong Ka Kui! Back then in Beyond's Diary, Wong played my elder brother and really cared for me. During that period, I really thought he was my actual brother! I remember the last day on the set, the scene was about our family immigrating, except for my brother, who was sick and couldn't come with us. He prepared a winter hat to keep me warm far in advance, but actually before shooting the scene, I already wanted to cry. Also with the accompanying lines, my tears just came flowing down naturally, I really was unwilling to part!

For Wong Ka Kui, I made my first most daring move in my life, and that is to ask him for his phone number! I was even scared to just ask for a photo, so it's obvious asking for a phone number requires a lot of courage. However, I still took the courage and asked him. I carefully wrote it down too, of course I never had the courage to actually call him! After 2-3 years, I read the news about Wong's accident. At the time, I felt so shocked, and hoped for a miracle to happen every day. When Wong passed away, I saw the news before going to school and was very heartbroken. I was crying in school, I just couldn't accept his passing at such a young age! 

Wrote a letter of grief to late Brother 

Initially I planned to attend his funeral, but because of some reasons, I didn't go. I believe that's good too because I didn't personally bid my final farewell to him, this way it feels like he never left. Back then, I did something really silly, I wrote a letter to Wong, but I really can't remember what I wrote. I just remember I secretly took the lighter and ran into the bathroom to burn the letter to Wong, hoping he would rest in peace!"


No comments:

Post a Comment