Monday 3 December 2012

AOD TVB Awards: Kenneth Ma & Tavia Yeung Crowned TV King & Queen; 'The Hippocratic Crush' Big Winner

Credit : Source: On.cc, AOD News 
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net 










AOD TVB Awards: Kenneth Ma & Tavia Yeung Crowned TV King & Queen; 'The Hippocratic Crush' Big Winner

Last night, Malaysia's Astro On Demand (AOD) held their AOD MY FAVORITE AWARDS 2012, TVB Siu Sangs and FaDans including Wayne Lai, Myolie Wu, Kevin Cheng, Raymond Lam, Moses Chan, Tavia Yeung, Michael Tse, Kate Tsui, Roger Kwok, Ron Ng, Nancy Wu, Him Law, Mandy Wong, Oscar Leung and Koo Ming Wa attended. The biggest winners of the night were Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung, each with 2.5 awards; The Hippocratic Crush won a total of 8 awards. When the TV Queen award was announced, Tavia emotionally exclaimed on stage: "I finally got it! Each and every step I took to get on this stage were heavy ones, it took me 13 years!" Tavia expressed there are a lot of people she has to thank, then everyone screamed asking her thank rumored boyfriend Him Law. Tavia joked: "This one I don't have to thank yet." But she asked her TVB Artistes Training Class classmate, Raymond Lam, to go on stage and share the happiness with her. Raymond joked: "Is there someone else that hasn't been called yet?" Tavia immediately pretended to be mad and bopped him with the microphone.

The popular couple from The Hippocratic Crush, Kenneth and Tavia, were finally recognized from the "My Favorite On-Screen Couple" award. Initially, AOD expressed Kenneth won't be able to attend the award presentation because he'll be in Taiwan shooting Triumph in the Skies II, however, when the 'on-screen couple' award was announced, he suddenly appeared and surprised everyone. Initially Tavia was on stage alone accepting the award, but Kenneth rushed on stage to accept the award with her and almost tripped too! Tavia was very surprised herself. Kenneth said: "Where there is 'Yu Jai', there must be 'Yat Kin Tau', then its perfect!"

Also, Kenneth was later crowned TV King. When he got on stage for the acceptance speech, he was stunned for a moment, then said: "Taking this award before so many TV King candidates, I really feel a lot of pressure. This is the most heavyweight award I have received since my debut."

Him Law won 'My Favorite TV Supporting Actor' based on his role 'Onion' in The Hippocratic Crush. Him was sobbing during his acceptance speech: "I took on this role during a period of unhappiness. This series didn't just give me the character Onion, but also gave me something most important to me in life." Under pressure from the crowd, Him added: "Thank you Tavia Yeung!" It was very touching moment indeed! In the series, 'Onion' was unsuccessful in pursuing 'Yu Jai' (Tavia), but in reality, love actually sparked...and this character got him an award too, thus it must be a very memorable moment in Him's life.

Nancy was the winner of 'My Favorite TV Supporting Actress' depending on her deaf and mute role 'Ting Yan Chi' in Gloves Come Off. She said gratefully: "I really like Astro's awards because my name is already engraved on it. I entered the industry 10 years ago and I was once unsure how I could make another breakthrough for myself. I am very happy that audience like the first mute/deaf female boxer role."

Koo Ming Wa won the "My Favorite TV Most Promising Artist". The 48 year old has been acting in HK TVB for 30 years and finally gained recognition from his 'So Gay' role. He said: "To many people, getting award can be very difficult, but to me, even having the opportunity to attend an [award ceremony] is difficult. I promise I will do even better for everyone to see!"

Mandy Wong and Oscar Leung are the winners of 'My Favorite TV Most Improved Actress and Actor" based on their L'Escargot roles Kwan Yee So and Kwan Yee Gor. Mandy expressed emotionally: "This is my first award in my acting career and this award gave me tremendous amount of encouragement!" Likewise, her partner Oscar said: "This is also my first award in my over 10 year acting career. I've dreamed of getting an award before, but this time I'm afraid this is all a dream and not reality. But I finally fulfilled my dream!" Oscar had tears forming in his eyes.

Kate Tsui was dressed in a sexy dress, showing off her 3-inch career line, when she was presented with the 'My Favorite TV Character' award for her role Chan Ka Bik in Highs and Lows, she invited her partner Raymond Lam on stage and emotionally expressed: "Thank you Raymond for all your support. At first, I thought the theme of this series would be difficult for audience to accept." When it was Raymond's turn to accept his Favorite Character award, he returned Kate's compliment, "This year you are the Nice-est lead actress."

AOD presented the '5th Anniversary - My Favorite Classic Character Award' to "Laughing Gor" Michael Tse. On stage, he said emotionally: "I am honored to have encountered such an amazing character. This award is very meaningful to me. 'Laughing' has now become my second name."

WINNERS LIST
(Nomination List)

My Favorite TV Actor in a Leading Role: Kenneth Ma - Cheung Yat Kin (Yat Kin Tau) (The Hippocratic Crush)

My Favorite TV Actress in a Leading Role: Tavia Yeung - Fan Tze Yu (Yu Jai) (The Hippocratic Crush)

My Favorite TV Drama Series: The Hippocratic Crush

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role: Him Law - Yeung Pui Chung (Onion) (The Hippocratic Crush)

My Favorite TV Actress in a Supporting Role: Nancy Wu - Ting Yan Chi (Gloves Come Off)

My Favorite TV On-Screen Couple: Kenneth Ma, Tavia Yeung (The Hippocratic Crush)

My Favorite TV Most Promising Artist: Koo Ming Wa (Divas in Distress)

My Favorite Theme Song: Raymond Lam - Done Being Naive (幼稚完) (Highs and Lows)

My Favorite TV Most Improved Actor: Oscar Leung - Kwan Ka Lok (Kwan Yee Gor) (L'Escargot)

My Favorite TV Most Improved Actress: Mandy Wong - Lau Siu Lan (Kwan Yee So) (L'Escargot)

MY AOD's 5th Anniversary Special Award - My Favorite Classic Role: 
Michael Tse - Leung Siu Tong (Laughing Gor) (E.U)

Top 15 My Favorite TV Character Awards: 
01. Bosco Wong - Hui Wai Sum (Witness Insecurity)
02. Him Law - Yeung Pui Chung (Onion) (The Hippocratic Crush)
03. Kate Tsui - Chan Ka Bik (Highs and Lows)
04. Kenneth Ma - Cheung Yat Kin (The Hippocratic Crush)
05. Kevin Cheng - Tong Sap Yat (Gloves Comes Off)
06. Linda Chung - Kiu Tze Lam (Witness Insecurity)
07. Michael Tse - Law Yat Yat (Sergeant Tabloid)
08. Moses Chan - Cheung Sai Yin (Master of Play)
09. Myolie Wu - Wong Sze Fu (Ghetto Justice II)
10. Raymond Lam - Wai Sai Lok (Highs and Lows)
11. Roger Kwok - Emperor Chai Suen (Queens of Hearts and Diamonds)
12. Ron Ng - Ting Koon Fung (L'Escargot)
13. Ruco Chan - Mo Nga Lik (No Good Either Way)
14. Tavia Yeung - Fan Tze Yu (Yu Jai) (The Hippocratic Crush)
15. Wayne Lai - Lee Lin Ying (The Confidant)

No comments:

Post a Comment